Saturday, March 1, 2008

New Video & interview from The Tongue

I caught up with one of the most talented artists on the Sydney Hip-Hop scene The Tongue for a brief chat about his new video & the year ahead. Check it out . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Keep moving: Hello guvna, how you loving this weather?

The Tongue: I'm a summer man, I love the heat, so to be honest I'm a bit gutted about the weather. Its never hot enough for long enough if you ask me.

KM: Big ups on the new video I must say one of the most original & impressive local hip-hop videos I have seen. Who made it?

TT: All the credit for the clip should really go to its director Lorin Askill. I explained the idea to him one afternoon and he just executed the concept perfectly. He even made all the puppets himself! A good director is like a magician and Lorin has a lot of tricks up his sleeve...

KM: This is only your second music video to date & I can already see a Tongue box set down the line. Do you have a big input into what comes out the other end?

TT: The ideas for the filmclips have both been mine so far but, you know, a good concept can still come across badly if handled in an amateur way. Thats why I only work with the best directors- Luke Mazzaferro (who did "The Punch" filmclip) and Lorin- did these jobs out of passsion, not for the cash, and I've been stoked with the results. They are both going to go a long way.


KM: Do you have any pets?

TT: Not personally but my folks have a 'labradoodle' (half labrador, half poodle) named Marquez. He's one cute motherfucker.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

KM: You just finished up playing at Good vibrations & ripping the big day out, which did you prefer?

TT: Both were banging gigs...ones headlined by Rage Against The Machine and the other by Kanye West....so I just felt lucky to be involved in something like that.


KM: What does 2008 hold in store for you? Any new music, tours?

TT: I hope to do another national tour for my album "Shock And Awe" before too long but thats still being organised. My label-mates The Herd have a new record dropping in April so I reckon I'll be doing a few supports on their tour as well.

Other than that I've been bugging the people at Elefant Traks to put out a DVD for ages, and I've put my hand-up to get it all together for release later this year. So thats the other project I'm focusing on right now.

As for music- the next Tongue album will be dropping in early 2009. Its gonna be the big one!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

KM: What is in your Cd player right now?

TT: Chasm's "Beyond The Beat Tape"
Groove Armada's "Soundboy Rock"
Lil Wayne's "The Dedication 2"
Nick Caves "Dig Lazarus Dig!"


KM: Who is coming up in Sydney for keep moving to watch out for?

TT: Malcolm Turnbull. Watch out for him. Hes a prick.


KM: Any shout outs?

TT: Big ups to anyone who has supported me and my music- I got mad love for ya. Special shout out to my homies at Elefant Traks and Obese....if you havn't copped Chasm's new record then go do that asap. Big ups to the people of Australia for kicking Howard out on his arse...heres to a happy and healthy 2008! Jah bless!


KM: Thanks for your time dude, really appreciate it, best of luck with the
future.


Peep the clip for Animal Crackers below . . .




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

http://www.myspace.com/thetongue06

© keep moving [][]

No comments:

Post a Comment