Monday, March 8, 2010

SHINY LIGHTS ON A MONDAY ARVO

Are we doomed after all? When all signs point to yes & Monday is full of strange vibes we have to all remember that the great magnet is always turning & no matter what confusing situation you find your self in I know for fact that it will all be ok.
There is something new & shiny that can't be tarnished at work here & I remember it well from last time. So what if you claim to have a dozen or so people saying they suffered mild to middling psychotic reactions after being 'forced' by my good self to sample a number of hashish-laden confectionery products. Well excuuuse me but how the hell do you 'force' people to gobble down handfuls of crumbling hallucinogenic Anzac cookies? Those people were greedy pigs! I can't believe you would be so naive as to imagine that they would survive more than three minutes of cross-examination by my high-priced legal rottweilers.

Any who, ripper of a weekend; I went & watched my man Tongue do his thing on Friday night, then we snuck upstairs where The Swiss were playing. They are this amazing Australian band that are beyond funky & so tight you feel like you are listening to some turbo disco mixtape. They recently signed to modular of course & their new ep "bubble bath" drops sometime soon. These guys are the perfect wedding band - love birds take note.


I then dragged my sore head to Future music where I watched no one but in a symbolic move I drove really fast through long tunnels in a golf cart with my man Ajax (the hex). Just remember to look for the hole at the end of the tunnel - then head towards it.

Made it rain with tissues after that, real heads know.

Now to news from the shady art world; Lister has got fresh on the streets of Brooklyn below.

It is pure fact that Lister is working on a new show that will open on March 19th at the Lyons Wier Gallery in New York so run along NY peeps & check out one of Australia's finest freaks with a brush. Flyer & a look at his Brooklyn studio below.




anthonylister.com

keep moving

No comments:

Post a Comment